Having a buffet at a party is a great response to a casual get together. It evokes mingling between people by making them float from dish to dish. This table top arrangement also allows for ample creativity.
Some good Buffet knowledge:
- Have multiple tables around the party to decrease a traffic jam
- Plates, napkins and flatware should be at set up in several locations
- To keep the table top interesting use different height levels
- Make it more colorful with jars of different candies or mints
- Have a table designated for dirty dishes and a trash can for napkins
Of course that the delishous food is the most important part but if it is displayed in a nice way with complimaently decorations it will be even sweeter.